- About us
- Articles & Issues
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Reading and verifying author guidelines.
- Cover Letter
- Title: The title should reflect the study problem, and its words should not exceed 14 words.
- Abstract: consists of 250 words or less with the keywords.
- Name, address, business phone number, and email address of the corresponding author.
- Include the triple names of the authors, as well as the names of the institution (s), department (s), college, university or institution and country.
- Include Credit author statement (Author Contribution) when adding the authors.
- Acknowledgment and Explanation of any conflicts of interest.
- Acknowledgment of any funding or support for conducting the study.
- Manuscript Body: placed in a separate file.
- All references were examined by following the instructions to ensure their accuracy and completeness. All references matched the citations mentioned in the text.
- Figures if applicable- are serially numbered and placed in a separate file with English titles.
- Tables if applicable- are serially numbered and placed in a separate file with English titles.
- Supplementary files (if applicable).
You must read and accept the copyright terms and conditions(click here for copyright terms).
Each definition shall denote the corresponding meaning unless otherwise stated:
The University: Naif Arab University for Security Sciences
University Vice-Presidency: University Vice-Presidency for Academic Research
Academic Journals Department: Academic Journals Department at the University Vice-Presidency
Personal Information: Personal information related to the persons concerned or involved in the publishing processes available at the University Vice-Presidency
Publishing Process: All works related to publishing academic contributions in the mediums of publication at the University
Host Country: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The University represented by the Vice-Presidency, the Information Technology Department, and the Information Security Unit serve as the control unit for the collected personal information related to the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information proven to belong to the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process is collected in document form in these three main ways:
- Provided Personal Information
The personal information provided by the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process that is collected directly depends on the content and service features used by the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process and how they interact with it, such information may include:
- Details of personal information and contact details, name, nationality, language, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account login credentials, such as: usernames and passwords, and security information.
- Account registration information and other personal profile information, including basic educational and professional information, etc., such as: field of study, current location, field of practice, areas of interest, gender, and uploaded content ID shared or stored in the account of the person concerned or involved, and photos.
- Payment information such as: bank statements, debit or credit card numbers, and personal document numbers.
- Information submitted to the University Vice-Presidency such as: questions or information submitted to the customer support.
- Data provided to the University Vice-Presidency as part of interaction with the service, such as: search inquiries.
- Institution Data of the Person Concerned or Involved
Personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing processes, may be obtained from the institutions to which they belong or cooperate with, and proven to belong to them by acknowledgement from their side or from the authority from which the information was obtained, in order to activate and manage access, and to use the institution subscription in the service, this may include:
- Contact information details, such as: name, language, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account login credentials, such as: usernames and passwords, and security information.
- Other account registration information, such as job title; and the institutional user ID.
- Data from other Sources
Personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing processes (contact details and other private information) may be obtained from other entities and third parties, this may include:
- Professional, educational, and scientific websites available via information networks that belong to scientific and academic authorities, and not to websites that provide social networking services where permission to use a service is granted via approving access to personal data of those concerned and involved in the publishing processes on one or more networks.
- Service providerswho assist in locating in order to allocate specific services to the site of the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process.
- Partners to whom the Vice-Presidency provides joint services or share joint marketing services and activities.
- Available public sources, and publicly available data suppliers that are obtained to validate or supplement the stored information.
Use of Personal Information
The University Vice-Presidency is committed to providing purposeful and useful services to the persons concerned and involved in the publishing processes, and based on how they interact with the service provided, the personal information shall be used to:
- Provide access management and use of service.
- Process and execute the request, or download, or subscribe, or any action related to the publishing process.
- Provide customized content to make the service more effective and more relevant to the interests of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process.
- Activate and improve the service, such as: adding new content and features whenever necessary.
- Notify of changes, updates and other announcements related to the service.
- Provide purposeful advertisements and promotional messages appropriate to the interests of the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process.
- Provide technical support and technical products and others to help keep the service safe and secure.
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including research, review and reporting.
The University Vice-Presidency may also use the information of the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process to:
- Respond to requests, inquiries or comments from those concerned or involved in the publishing process.
- Call for the submission and review of academic papers or participate in other ways in the University Vice-Presidency publishing programs.
- Make payments and collect benefits, such as: fees, editing fees, rewards and others.
- Motivate and develop products, activities, and services.
- Comply with the University's legal obligations, conflict resolution and implementation of agreements.
Exchange of Personal Information
The University Vice-Presidency shares personal information of the persons concerned or involved in the publishing process in the following ways and contexts:
- The Institution of the person concerned or involved in the publishing processes: If the service provided by the University Vice-Presidency is accessed through a subscription managed by the institution of the person concerned or involved in the publishing process, personal information and usage data may be shared with the authorized officials at the institution of the person concerned or involved in the publishing process for the purposes of usage analysis and management of subscriptions collected through the service, such as: the number of items downloaded, and any items that are fee-based.
- Third Party: The University Vice-Presidency may disclose to the institution of the person concerned or involved in the publishing process or to other third parties, non-personal information, such as: anonymous usage data reports and collected information, taking into account any applicable legal or contractual obligations.
- Sharing of Personal Data: Based on the service provided, the University Vice-Presidency may share personal information of persons concerned or involved in the
publishing process with:
- Service providers, including editors and reviewers, payment service providers, customer support, e-mail service providers, event venues, postal organizations, freight forwarders, and IT service providers.
- Legal Reasons: The University Vice-Presidency may disclose the personal information of the persons concerned and involved in publishing processes if convinced that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Meet the requirements of any applicable law, regulations, legal procedures or any other legal obligation.
- Detect and investigate, security, fraudulent, or technical issues and assist in preventing them.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of users, employees, and others.
- Disclose information related to any procedure or reason related to the publishing process.
Access and Update of Personal Information
The service may allow registered users to directly access their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping this information updated is the sole responsibility of the user. Registered users can also close their accounts directly through the service or by contacting the customer service support.
Persons concerned and involved in the publishing process are entitled under privacy protection laws and laws adopted in the host country, and where appropriate, to request free of charge:
- To access, correct or delete personal information.
- To restrict the processing of personal information, or object methods of processing.
- The capacity to transfer personal information.
If any of these rights are to be exercised, the Academic Journals Department can be contacted, and the request will be responded to in accordance with laws and regulations applicable in the University and in the host country.
To protect the information and security of persons concerned and involved in the publication process, they may be required to verify identity, and may designate an authorized agent to submit the application on their behalf, on the condition of proof of identity and authorization.
The University Vice-Presidency shall maintain, so as to serve and achieve the purpose of the publishing process, the personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process, as long as it is necessary to provide the service and to fulfill the requested transactions, or for other essential purposes such as: compliance with legal obligations, maintenance of commercial and financial records, dispute resolution, maintenance of security and confidentiality, detection and prevention of fraud, detection of abuse and enforcement of agreements.
The University Vice-Presidency shall take necessary precautions to protect the personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, modification and destruction according to the use of appropriate technical and regulatory measures.
The State of Data Processing
- Personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process may be stored and processed at the University's headquarters or any service provider with which the university is associated via an official contract.
- Steps are being taken, through contracts, to ensure continued protection of information, wherever located, in a manner consistent with the protection standards required under the applicable laws and regulations at the University and in the host country.
When any personal information of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process is collected within the scope of data protection laws of the host country, the University Vice-Presidency shall process the data as follows:
- When necessary, to provide the service, execute a transaction, execute a contract, or at the request of those concerned and involved in the publishing process before entering into a contract.
- When necessary, to abide by applicable laws or any other legal obligations.
- When necessary, to perform a task carried out in public interest.
- When appropriate, with the consent of those concerned and involved in the publishing processes.
- When necessary, to run business, protect the security of systems, customers, and users, detect and prevent fraud, or achieve other legitimate interests.
When the consent of the persons concerned and involved in the publishing process is needed to process personal information, they are entitled to withdraw the consent at any time, as legitimate interests are needed for consent, and they may have the right to object to processing of data.
Contact Details for the University Vice-Presidency
Naif Arab University for Security Sciences
Vice-Presidency for Academic Research
Academic Journals Department
P.O. Box: 6830, Riyadh 11452, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone: 00966112463444/1600, Fax: 00966112464472
University Official Website: https://nauss.edu.sa